We run monthly workshops that meet you where you're at. Don't have a story written down? Or basically just putting on final tweaks? All are welcome and encouraged. If you're just starting out, here's a few tips to get you started.
1) Write it Out then Cut, Cut, Cut:
2) Convey an Emotion
- You don’t have Michael Bay’s budget, so don’t tell stories like him
-----Plot is good, but stories are about people
- Find your Frame
-----Sometimes you need to find a plot to go with your major take away
3) You Have to Care:
- Take 3 Minutes and write down something you are passionate about and why you care
- Share that with your partner and discuss
- Recognize that feeling, look for it when writing/telling stories
1) Hide the Ending:
Start with Action, then flashback
- Chronological telling can work, but it can also take a long time
2) Find the Moment, Then Slow Down Time
Most stories are really about one moment
If you don’t have this moment, look for one!
You can control time
- Write long, speak slowly, carry a big impact
3) Repetition & Other Literary Techniques
Trying to connect multiple different stories/concepts?
- Repeating phrases in each story can connect them in peoples minds